Wednesday, February 21, 2018

sheer madness



Putting aside the fact that I 100% wore the wrong bra with this outfit (hello, uniboob!) this is one of my favorite outfits of all time. I am OBSESSED with this dress. Bell sleeves? CHECK. Sheer polka dots? CHECK. Dramatic gigantic bow tie in the back? (you can see it in the video below) CHECK. It came with a black cami dress to wear underneath, but I felt like it diminished the overall polka dot effect a bit, so I paired it with a light pink cami dress instead. And I added this giant black bow belt because sometimes one enormous bow on a dress just is not enough.

Yesterday morning my computer froze when I tried to open photoshop, and I couldn't even force quit, so I had to power it off directly from the power button. It turned out that I did that exactly while some important system file was saving in the background, and subsequently my computer would not turn back on again. It would "ding" and then -- nothing. I made an emergency trip to the Apple store, toting my mac around like a little sick pet, and after the technician ran some diagnostics he was able to restore whatever file had gone missing when I shut it down. I got a little tiny lecture about having way too many apps open (he asked if I *really* needed all of the things open in my dock and I REALLY DO) and suggested that I turn off the computer once a week just to make sure things run smoothly. I also invested in a 4TB hard drive that I'm going to use for Time Machine now. Nothing like almost losing everything on your computer to make you want to seriously back up everything on your computer, haha!

I have no idea why I felt the need to share all of that, lol, but anyway. Maybe if you're someone who hasn't backed things up in a while you'll take my close-call as a sign to hit save and make sure your important files are all on external hard drives :)

Now onto the video! --



shoes - vintage | wig - keke wigs