Monday, October 17, 2016

it's beginning to look a lot like halloween



I'm in such a Halloween mood this year! I think it's actually going to be tough to let go of it after October 31st -- kind of like how sometimes you have to leave the Christmas tree up until mid-February. I'll still have fake spiders and webbing up around the house through November ;)

If you're a classic movie buff (and especially if you're a classic horror movie buff) there was some exciting news in the film restoration front this past week! My favorite spooky movie, The Old Dark House (1932) is getting a 4K restoration from Universal and the Cohen Media Group. I am SO excited. A lot of Cohen restorations get art house theater releases, too, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up at The Film Forum in the next year or two. If you've never seen the film, don't wait for the restoration (although, watch that too once it's out, obviously!) it's available on DVD in a kind of shoddy public-domain style transfer but it's still SO GOOD and SOOOOO spooky! It's the perfect movie to watch late at night a few days before Halloween :)




dress- asos | boots - bait footwear | cardigan - old navy