Friday, October 9, 2015

everest



I got this dress last year because I'm a sucker for anything that has an all-over photographic print, and it turned out to be the absolute perfect thing to wear to see Everest yesterday. I mean, it has a mountain on it. How many dresses have mountains on them? Not a ton, I'd guess.

From the previews I was seeing all summer I was expecting Everest to be like an IMAX nature experience with a little story thrown in for good measure. The trailer just seemed to emphasize how amazing the 3D graphics looked, and honestly that's the only reason I wanted to see it. So it kind of threw me for a loop because the story really grips you and it's horribly, horribly sad. I knew it was based on a true story, but I didn't know anything about the 1996 hiking trip they were depicting in the movie. It's REALLY sad. I actually had the whole theater to myself and I was legitimately crying at the end, like wipe-your-nose-not-just-your-eyes crying. It was brutal! The cinematography really was breathtaking, though, and even when the movie was beating my heart up with a hammer I still thought it was beautiful.

Oh, by the way, I never mentioned how I liked The Martian! It was AMAZING. If you've read the book, you should like the movie. If you've never read the book, you should like the movie (and then you should read the book.) Definitely one of my favorite movies I've seen all year and I'm absolutely going to go see it again.


dress - asos | shoes - bait footwear | shirt - modcloth