Friday, August 30, 2013

high score



Last night we had a very-mini-celebration for making daily sales for 2 years straight in my etsy shop. We went to cracker barrel for dinner (I'm kind of obsessed with the eggs in a basket right now. I tried making it at home a couple times but nothing compares!) and then spent almost an hour playing arcade basketball. And I beat my high score! I played so many rounds I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to use my arms again for a week, but it was so fun! My dream home definitely includes an arcade basketball game. I almost don't even care if I have a kitchen or living room, I just want the game.

I made one of my wooden brooch misprints into a pendant for myself (I stamped the image on too low, so I couldn't sell it, but I rather like how it came out!) and I thought it was fitting for the occassion :) I really need to devise a better system for making them because I tend to misprint about 10 for every 1 that I get right. Honestly though I think that's one of my favorite parts about making stuff... trial and error, and that "ah-ha!" moment when you finally get it :)




dress and cardigan - forever 21 | shoes and belt - asos
necklace - flapper doodle | tights - target